15 January 2007


Ry's rock climbing birthday party was great. There were plenty of belayers so no one had to wait too long to climb. Figuring out the cake was the hardest part. I finally went with the base of Ben and Jerry's ice cream cake (family tradition), then I baked the portion that sits on top. If you can't tell, it is a reproduction of Half Dome in Yosemite. If you don't believe me, follow the link and see a photo that proves it. I used a pan that is normally used to make one of those doll cakes with the big dress (it's called a Wonder Mold) and then I just cut it as best I could to represent Half Dome. The kids loved taking it apart....and even loved eating it although I make no claims as to the flavor of the Half Dome portion of the cake. Sprinkle ground graham crackers for dirt, add a couple of climbers and some trees and outdoor gear, and voilá!

No comments: