21 June 2007

I can't believe it but, yes, I am going to write about yet another event happening this weekend. It is the Laurel Village Summer Solstice Music Festival. There will be 65 musical groups performing at sites along MacArthur Boulevard (I'm guessing between the two arches....35th Ave. to High St.) and surrounding Laurel Elementary School from 1:00 – 7:00 p.m. If you're not familiar with the area, think "original" Farmer Joe's, and my personal favorite, World Ground Cafe, where I spent many, many, many afternoons studying during graduate school, as it was easy access off I-580 on my way to pick up Ry & Si at school. They have organic, fair trade coffee, pastries, sandwiches, soups and salads. Plus - free wireless internet. Between World Ground and A'Cuppa Tea in Berkeley, I'm not sure where I spent more time or which I liked better........but I digress. Check out the festival and come out and support the Laurel District.

No comments: